During the last couple of years, the pandemic has changed a lot of people’s views about socializing and seeing each other. Online therapy has also become a particularly popular alternative to regular therapy sessions. Maybe you’ve considered online therapy or coaching yourself? In this article you can read more about the benefits of online therapy .
Benefits to online therapy and coaching at Det Sunde Sind
Research has proven online therapy to be just as efficient as regular therapy. Both including treatment of anxiety and depression and across different therapeutic techniques. In addition, you will experience the same tools with online coaching as you would in a regular therapy session.
We use an encrypted platform in compliance with GDPR, and you are able to both see and speak with your online therapist on the screen. If you wish to try therapy without your picture showing, it is also possible to do therapy sessions over the phone.
Benefits of an online psychologist at Det Sunde Sind
- Easy and flexible planning. Together with your therapist, you can schedule therapy sessions at the time that fits you the best.
- No travel time included. You can plan the therapy in the comfort of your home, where homeliness contributes to you having the best possible experience.
- Reduce your daily amount of stress. You don’t have to worry about rushing out the door, interrupting your working hours or reaching the bus to get to your therapist.
- Once the therapy session is over, you’re already home. The time you would’ve spent on driving home, you can now spend on yourself. Maybe you need a moment to collect your thoughts, to do a short mindfulness exercise or something else that helps you transit into the next chapter of your day.
- Has it been difficult to reach out to a therapist? Online therapy can be more accessible if you find it a bit difficult leaving your home, for instance if you deal with anxiety or depression.
- Online therapy – no matter where you are. It has no effect on your therapy-sessions whether you’re on student exchange, in a conference-room at work, in your summer cottage or on a travel abroad.
How can you prepare for online therapy?
Firstly, it is important for you to find a calm and quiet place to be during the session where you can talk undisturbed.
Secondly, make the situation as pleasant for yourself as possible. Get a nice cup of coffee or tea and find a comfortable spot to sit, so that it is easier for you to be present while you talk to your therapist.
You might feel insecure or get a bit overwhelmed by talking to a screen. Don’t hesitate to share it with your therapist. In that way it is easier for the therapist to help you in the best possible way during the sessions.
Is an online psychologist the best choice for me?
Maybe you have already decided that you want to start therapy. This is already a big step in the right direction. If you want concrete and useful techniques to improve your mental health and well-being going forward.
Do you think that online therapy might be the right choice for you? And do you have any questions before booking your first session? You’re always welcome to contact us to hear more about this form of therapy at Det Sunde Sind.